Nearly $100,000 in funding to local libraries, thanks to Landek support
Three local libraries are set to receive grant money to provide the community with vital education resources thanks to support from State Senator Steve Landek (D-Bridgeview).
“This funding benefits our children and working families who rely on our libraries for resources and assistance,” Landek said.
“Libraries provide access to knowledge for all.”
The funding is allocated to libraries across the state to make upgrades, assist with the development of the local workforce and ensure the library stays open safely for families.
The grant is comprised of both state and federal dollars and awarded through Secretary of State Jesse White’s office.
The libraries in the district Landek represents that will receive grants are:
• Berwyn Public Library:$22,820
• Burbank School District 111:$50,000
• The Prairie Trails Public Library: $16,209
“During the ongoing pandemic, libraries have had to retool their services to match the needs of the community and I am honored to be able to provide funding to allow these libraries to expand access to their patrons,” White said. “I applaud the library community in Illinois for their hard work as they continue to provide essential services during this challenging time.”
For a full list of libraries receiving a grant, click here.
- Orland Township Democratic Organization to honor Former Secretary of State Jesse White on Feb. 23 - February 2, 2023
- How to have a great Middle Eastern meal in Orland Park area - January 31, 2023
- D230 students win prestigious art awards - January 26, 2023