Landek announces over $155 million in funding for local school districts
Thirteen local school districts are set to receive over $155 million in additional funding, State Senator Steve Landek (D-Bridgeview) announced today.
The funding comes as part of the latest federal COVID-19 relief packages and is meant to address challenges caused by the pandemic.
“Now that the end of the pandemic finally seems to be in sight, this new funding will help local schools move forward into a brighter future,” Landek said.
“Local teachers, schools and students have put up with so much during the pandemic, and it’s great that they’re getting some support for their hard work going forward.”
The majority of the money will come from the recently passed American Rescue Plan, and provided that 20% is used to address losses in learning, schools will have some flexibility regarding how the remaining funds are spent.
The school districts set to receive funds are:
• Brookfield School District 95, which will receive over $1.6 million;
• Riverside School District 96, which will receive nearly $2 million;
• Berwyn North School District 98, which will receive over $11 million;
• Cicero School District 99, which will receive over $55 million;
• Berwyn South School District 100, which will receive over $10 million;
• Summit School District 104, which will receive over $7.2 million;
• LaGrange School District 105, which will receive over $2.1 million;
• Indian Springs School District 109, which will receive over $12.7 million;
• Burbank School District 111, which will receive over $11.5 million;
• Morton School District 201, which will receive over $28 million;
• Riverside-Brookfield Township School District 208, which will receive over $1.4 million;
• Argo School District 217, which will receive over $6.8 million; and
• Reavis Township School District 220, which will receive over $7.2 million.
In total, Illinois schools will receive nearly $7 billion in funding.
- President Dominick, Town Board organize drive to help families impacted by Friday’s fire - December 2, 2023
- Qualifying disabled veterans are fully exempt from paying property taxes - October 28, 2023
- CLE at Leving firm to focus on conflicts of interest in family law cases - September 19, 2023