Newman launches TV campaign Ads in 3rd District race
Marie Newman, the progressive Democratic candidate for Congress in the 3rd District launched her campaign ads seeking to defeat Congressman Dan Lipinski
Marie Newman, the Democratic candidate for the 3rd Congressional seat held by Dan Lipinski launched her TV Campaign Ads this week.
View the Ad using the widget below, or click here to view it on YouTube.
Today, Wednesday Feb. 5, 2020, Marie Newman, Democratic candidate for Congress in Illinois’ 3rd District, announced her first television ad with a spot called “Learned” in her primary race against 15-year incumbent Dan Lipinski.
The ad tells the story of Marie’s roots in the district and the values she learned from her community that led her to become a successful small business owner and community activist (script is below). It also highlights some key differences with Dan Lipinski and echoes Marie’s belief that it’s time for a real Democrat to represent this district. The ad is part of an over half million dollar buy the Newman campaign has reserved.
See the ad here.
Momentum continues to grow for the Newman campaign, with endorsements from the Illinois Federation of Teachers this week and 8 local elected officials and 4 key independent political organizations. Endorsers listed below:
Script of Newman TV ad “Learned”
“Meet Marie Newman. Born at Little Company of Mary, baptized at St. Barnabas, raised in Beverly and Palos. This community shaped Marie’s belief in hard work and equality. Marie scrubbed floors to pay for college and went without health insurance when she couldn’t afford it. But Marie became a successful small business owner and community leader. Now Marie is running for Congress to do what Dan Lipinski won’t: raise wages for working people and ensure health care is a right for everyone. I’m Marie Newman and I approve this message.”
- Alderman George Cardenas (12th Ward)
- Alderman Mike Rodriguez (22nd Ward)
- Alderman Andre Vasquez (40th Ward)
- Alderman Scott Lennon (Berwyn, 1st Ward)
- Cicero Township Committeewoman Blanca Vargas
- La Grange Village Board Member Beth Augustine
- State Representative Delia Ramirez (D-4)
- State Representative Will Guzzardi (D-39)
- 12th Ward Independent Political Organization
- 14th Ward Independent Political Organization
- 15th Ward Independent Political Organization
- 22nd Ward Independent Political Organization
- Western Digital tubes its loyal customers for profit - October 17, 2021
- Activist speaks for Chicagoland condemning Emanuel appointment as Japan ambassador - October 15, 2021
- Police searching for Hammond homicide suspects after vehicle chase, crash in Tinley Park - October 15, 2021