Orland Township seeking high school students for “Service Hours”
Volunteers needed for Orland Township Drive-In Concert
Orland Township is looking for energetic high school students who want to earn service hours by assisting local seniors and listening to live music at an upcoming event, according to the office of Township Supervisor Paul O’Grady.
Orland Township is hosting a drive-in concert for senior residents the evening of Friday, June 26 in the Moraine Valley Community College South West Education Center parking lot, 17900 S. 94th Ave., in Tinley Park. Volunteers will check in by 3 p.m. and work until approximately 8:30 p.m. Duties will include:
- Assisting with set-up / breakdown
- Assisting attending seniors with food / refreshment delivery
- Financial transactions
- Assisting with trash pick-up during and after the event
Volunteers will be required to wear a mask and gloves at all times, which will be provided by the Township. Volunteers must be able to stand and/or walk for the duration of the event.
“Since the 2020 school year was cut short, many students may be in need of service hours,” said Supervisor O’Grady. “The drive-in concert is a great opportunity for students to interact with and assist senior residents during the show, enjoy music from the band Sundance, and earn service hours.”
Students interested in volunteering at Orland Township’s drive-in concert should contact Lindsay Trost at (708) 403-4222 or LindsayT@orlandtownship.org
- Kaspar Announces Public Safety Task Force, Led by 40th Police Commissioner of New York City, Bernard B. Kerik - January 27, 2022
- Joe Lamars named Budget director for Milwaukee County, Wisconsin - January 27, 2022
- Pop’s Italian Beef and Sausage ‘Pops’ Up in Joliet - January 27, 2022