Sprinkler extinguishes early morning fire at Patio Restaurant in Orland Park
An early morning fire at the Patio Restaurant was controlled by a fire sprinkler minimizing damage and was quickly extinguished when firefighters arrived.
At about 01:30 AM this morning, Thursday Nov. 22, 2018, Orland Fire Protection DIstrict was dispatched to the Patio Restaurant, 7830 159th St., for an activated fire alarm.
Initial arriving fire units reported smoke in the building. Crews went in with a hose and found a sprinkler head had extinguished a cooking oil fire in the fryers. A small amount of remaining fire in ducts above the flyers was extinguished with water from the hose.
Orland Fire Protection DIstrict officials noted the sprinkler the important role the sprinkler played in preventing the fire from spreading and destroying the restaurant. The Sprinkler immediately activated as the fire began to spread to combustibles nearby saving the business from more extensive damage.
Orland Fire Protection District firefighters remained on scene for about an hour to remove smoke from the building and complete their investigation.
The business owner was on scene and called in a crew to begin clean-up and repair equipment. No one was injured.
- Is Thanksgiving and Christmas about celebration, or just about the money? - December 1, 2023
- Raymond Lopez, A Democrat Who Delivers, Files for Congress - November 29, 2023
- Treasurer Maria Pappas unveils online tool detailing property tax spending as Dec. 1 tax due date looms - November 28, 2023