The United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for the 2018 San Francisco Mint Silver Reverse Proof Set (product code 18XC) on July 23 at noon EDT. The Mint is issuing this set to mark the 50th anniversary of proof coin production at the San Francisco Mint.
This two-lens set contains 10 coins—all with a reverse proof finish—from the United States Mint at San Francisco. The set includes the following 2018-dated coins:
- Five silver America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coinswith reverse proof finishes honoring Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore (Michigan), Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (Wisconsin), Voyageurs National Park (Minnesota), Cumberland Island National Seashore (Georgia), and Block Island National Wildlife Refuge (Rhode Island).
- One Native American $1 Coin with a reverse theme that commemorates the contributions of Jim Thorpe to American sports and culture. The design depicts Jim Thorpe, while the foreground highlights his achievements in football and as an Olympian. Inscriptions are “JIM THORPE,” “WA-THO-HUK,” (Thorpe’s native name), “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” and “$1.”
- One silver Kennedy half dollar
- One silver Roosevelt dime
- One Jefferson nickel
- One Lincoln penny
The half dollar, quarters, and dime are minted in 90 percent silver. Each set comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
The Mint priced the 2018 San Francisco Mint Silver Reverse Proof Set at $54.95. The bureau accepts orders at catalog.usmint.gov/ and 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). Hearing- and speech-impaired customers with TTY equipment may order at 1-888-321-MINT. Visit catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html for information about shipping options.
Orders are limited to ten sets per household across all sales channels, including bulk purchases, for the first 24 hours of sales after which the Mint will remove the limit. The maximum mintage is 200,000 units.
THIS POST HAS BEEN READ 13427 TIMES SO FAR. THANK YOU!
Hanania also writes about Middle East issues for the Arab News, and The Arab Daily News criticizing government policies in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
A critic of mainstream news media bias, Hanania advocates for peace & justice for Israel & Palestine, & the empowerment of Arabs in America.
"I write about three topics, the Middle East, politics and life in general. I often take my life experiences and offer them in an entertaining way to readers, and I take on the toughest topics like the Israel-Palestine conflict and don't pull any punches about what I feel is fair. But, my priority is always about writing the good story."
Click Here to LISTEN to Hanania's live radio show on 2nd Friday every month 7 AM CST. Click here to listen to Ray's Podcasts.
His columns are archived here. Hanania was named "Best Ethnic American Columnist" by the New America Media in November 2007, and is the 2009 recipient of the SPJ National Sigma Delta Chi Award for column writing.
Email Ray Hanania at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Ray Hanania (see all)
- Race leverages next election for Chicago mayor - September 19, 2018
- Killing of Laquan McDonald plays into race more than facts - September 18, 2018
- Lipinski Announces Over $700,000 Grant for Moraine Valley Community College - September 17, 2018