Candlewick Lake & Links Festival June 10
Come Out for a Day of Fun with Your Family & Friends Sunday June 10. Open to the public. Candlewick is a gated community with a large beautiful lake. Non-residents normally require entrance through a resident. But during the Lake and Links Festival, the gates will be open to the public to give non-residents an opportunity to experience and enjoy Candlewick Lake and its amenities.
Gates are Open to the Public, Sunday, June 10th, from Noon until 5:00pm.
- Noon: C.U.B.A. Demo in the Pool at the Recreation Center
- Noon – 2:30pm: Espinosa & Coffey perform at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Noon – 5:00pm: Food & Beverages at the Recreation Center (food trucks plus the Lakeview Eatery Restaurant); at Friendship Park (food truck); and at the Savannah Oaks Club House (order from the Club House menu)
- Noon – 5:00pm: Savannah Oaks Golf Course, sponsored by the Golf Commission, will be open for Public Play; Book a Tee Time by Calling the Club House at 815-339-0500 x 400; Non-Resident Fees Apply . If you plan to play a round of golf it is suggested you reserve your tee time early as Sundays tend to fill up quickly. Other activities at the golf course will include a putting contest and pony cart rides with the possibility of a bags tournament and petting zoo.
- Noon – 5:00pm: Sean Huguenin and Bernie “Catfish” Miese perform at the Savannah Oaks Club House
- Noon – 5:00pm: CWL Information Booth, sponsored by the Communications Commission, will be located at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Noon – 5:00pm: Free Pontoon Boat Rides on the Lake from the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Noon – 5:00pm: Kids Fun Fair, sponsored by the Events Commission, (10 cents per game; tickets will be for sale) including Face Painting, Fish Pond, Bean Bag Toss, Bozo Buckets, Sucker Pull, Pluck-a-Duck, and a Make-&-Take Craft (50 cents). Located at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Noon – 5:00pm: Craft Show in the Recreation Center
- Noon – 5:00pm: Large & Small Raffle Ticket Sales at the Recreation Center (lakeside). Raffle ticket costs: Large Raffle $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00 and Small Raffle $1.00 each. Large Raffle items include 50” flat screen TV (value $449.00); Canoe with paddles (value $300.00); 4-burner gas grill (value $200.00); Vintage snow shoes with poles (value $100.00); Large original artwork painted on wood (value $300.00) Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Package (value $150.00); and Combo Meat Box (value $150.00). Items are on display at the Candlewick Lake Administration Office. Winner need not be present to win, but will need to pick up item(s) no later than Friday, June 15th.
- Noon – 5:00pm: Classic Car Show at Friendship Park
- Noon – 5:00pm: Public Safety Tent, sponsored by the Public Safety Commission, at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Noon – 5:00pm: Realtor Tent at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Noon – 5:00pm: Belvidere / Boone County Food Pantry Booth. Please bring a non-perishable food item to donate. Toiletries are needed.
- 1:00pm: Fishing Clinic at the Recreation Center Fishing Pier sponsored by the Lake Management Commission
- 1:00pm – 4:00pm: Multiple Open Houses throughout the Community Available for Viewing: List of homes and map available upon request from the east & west gates and at the Realtor Tent.
- 2:30pm- 5:00pm: Trinadora Duo performs at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- 5:00pm: All raffle winners announced at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
Come enjoy a day at Candlewick Lake. Enjoy the beautiful lake, 9-hole golf course and surrounding parks. Please Note: This event is open to the Public and non-residents are most welcome and encouraged to attend. No admission fee, but there will be costs for some activities such as raffles, fun fair games and food & beverages. You are welcome to bring your own food & beverages and picnic at the Recreation Center lakefront or Friendship Park. A great time to come and view what the CWL has to offer! Both the East (Rt. 76) and West (Caledonia Road) Gates will be open from 11:30am until 5:00pm. Maps of the community will be available at these gates.
All events sponsored and run by various Candlewick Lake community commissions and volunteers.
SUBSCRIBE TO RAY HANANIA'S COLUMN
**Please note events are still being tweaked, so this list is subject to change**
LARGE RAFFLE ITEMS AVAILABLE
1. Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Gas Grill. Value: $200.00. Donor: Anonymous
2. Element 50″ LED Flat Screen TV. Value: $449.00 (there is a sticker on the box). Donor: Anonymous
3. Large (44″ x 34″ approximate size) original Off The Walls Designs painting on wood by artist Stu Slavik. Approximate value: $300.00. Donated by artist. It is unnamed, but if you want to give it a name I would call it Assorted Chocolates.
4. Pelican 15.5 foot Explorer Canoe (used) with pair of Feather Brand 48″ wooden canoe paddles (used). Approximate value: $300.00 (I did a bit of research and I found the canoe new for $500.00 and the paddles new for 72.00 per pair, so I valued the set at about 1/2 the cost if they were new). Donor: CWL Assn.
5. Vintage Snow Shoes with poles. Approximate value in unknown as I need to look at the brand and do some research or you can just put $100.00 as the approximate value. Donor: CWL Assn.
6. Combo Meat Box containing 2-10 oz. NY Strip Steaks, 2-10oz. Ribeye Steaks, 2-1 lb. Sirloin Steaks, 2-1lb T-bone Steaks, 5-1 lb. pkgs. of lean Ground Beef, 8-1 lb. Bone-In Pork Chops, 4 Butterfly Pork Chops, 1-1 lb. pkg. homemade Pork Sausage, 2-1 lb. pkgs. of Slab Bacon and 2 Whole Chickens. Total Weight: 27 lbs. Value: $150.00. Donor: I am using the $100.00 which was donated by the BOD members and the balance will come from the Lake & Links Fest 2018 budget, so I guess the donors could be BOD & Lake & Links Fest 2018.
LAKE & LINKS FEST 2018 CLASSIC CAR SHOW
Are you the owner of a Classic Car (25 years of age and older)? Then we would like to participate in the Lake & Links Fest 2018 Classic Car Show being held on June 10th from noon until 5:00pm at Friendship Park.
There is already a Classic Car Club that will be in the Park, but we are looking for residents and non-residents alike with classic cars who would like to join the event.
There is no entry fee, but a trophy will be awarded along with a gift certificate to the car voted the Peoples’ Choice. This is an event to show off your car(s).
LAKE & LINKS FEST 2018 CRAFT SHOW
The 2nd Annual Lake & Links Fest at CWL is looking for craft persons for the upcoming event being held on Sunday, June 10 from noon until 5:00pm.
If you knit, crochet, sew, do woodworking, make jewelry, create with glass, or repurpose vintage and unwanted items we are looking for you to participate. This will be an indoor event held at the Recreation Center.
Please contact Joni Giancola @ firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
THIS POST HAS BEEN READ 6754 TIMES SO FAR. THANK YOU!
Hanania also writes about Middle East issues for the Arab News, and The Arab Daily News criticizing government policies in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
A critic of mainstream news media bias, Hanania advocates for peace & justice for Israel & Palestine, & the empowerment of Arabs in America.
"I write about three topics, the Middle East, politics and life in general. I often take my life experiences and offer them in an entertaining way to readers, and I take on the toughest topics like the Israel-Palestine conflict and don't pull any punches about what I feel is fair. But, my priority is always about writing the good story."
Click Here to LISTEN to Hanania's live radio show on 2nd Friday every month 7 AM CST. Click here to listen to Ray's Podcasts.
His columns are archived here. Hanania was named "Best Ethnic American Columnist" by the New America Media in November 2007, and is the 2009 recipient of the SPJ National Sigma Delta Chi Award for column writing.
Email Ray Hanania at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Ray Hanania (see all)
- Morrison, Schneider denounce racist Facebook post - July 21, 2019
- Former Mayor Jane Byrne deserves more recognition - July 20, 2019
- Court rejects lawsuit to force Orland Fire District to change Fire Alarm response system - July 18, 2019