Monica Gordon announces key endorsements in 5th Cook County Board district race
Monica Gordon announces, candidate for 5th District Cook County Commissioner, announces nearly thirty key endorsements including SEIU Local 73
Monica Gordon, candidate for 5th District Cook County Commissioner released a statement today announcing her broad level of support in her quest to succeed retiring Cook County Commissioner Deborah Sims.
Sims is supporting Gordon along with nearly thirty other leaders from the State of Illinois, Cook County, City of Chicago, township, and suburban offices.
“It is humbling to receive the support of so many elected officials I respect and admire for my race,” said Gordon.
“Many of these leaders are people I have known and are respected greatly by their constituents. Their endorsements and support will make a difference when voters go to the polls in June,” added Gordon.
Yesterday, Service Employees International Union Local 73, which represents more than 22,500 public service workers in Illinois and Northwest Indiana, announced their support for her campaign.
“We are proud to endorse Monica Gordon for Cook County Commissioner. Monica has the leadership and experience needed to champion the needs of working families across the County,” said SEIU Local 73 President Dian Palmer. “The 2022 election will be very important for our members, and we are standing with candidates who have the vision and integrity to advocate for labor rights and equality for all residents of Cook County.”
Gordon thanked the union and pledged her support for working families. “It is an honor to have the endorsement and support of SEIU Local 73 and the working men and women in Illinois that they represent,” stated Gordon. “I will always be an advocate and a fighter for policies to benefit working families. This is a pivotal endorsement that speaks to the strength and momentum of my campaign, and I look forward to continued collaboration with SEIU and the labor community.”
Gordon is a resident of Chicago Heights and has lived in various parts of the 5th district for most of her life. She is a Prairie State College Board Trustee and previously served as Executive Director of the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus Foundation.
Full list of endorsements:
- SEIU Local 73
- Heat and Frost Insulators Local 17
State of Illinois
- Representative Anthony DeLuca
- Representative Sonya Harper
- Senator Napoleon Harris
- Deputy Majority Leader Senator Emil Jones III
- Former Senate President Emil Jones Jr.
- Senator Patrick Joyce
- Representative Justin Slaughter
- Cook County Commissioner Deborah Sims
City of Chicago
- Alderman Ward Anthony Beale (Chicago 9th Ward)
- Committeeman Tim Egan (Chicago 2nd Ward)
Township & Suburban
- Alderman Chris Baikauskas (Chicago Heights)
- Alderman George Brassea (Chicago Heights)
- Mayor Derrick Burgess (Sauk Village)
- Mayor Darren Bryant (Robbins)
- Mayor Patty Eidam (Lansing)
- Mayor David Gonzalez (Chicago Heights)
- Trustee Jason House (Dolton)
- Mayor Larry Jackson (Riverdale)
- Park District Commissioner Jessica Mangiaracina (Chicago Heights)
- Alderman Kelli Merrick (Chicago Heights)
- Mayor Jose Navarez (Merrionette Park)
- Mayor Michelle Nelson (Flossmoor)
- Mayor Kenneth Peterson Jr. (Steger)
- Mayor Frank Podbielniak (Posen)
- Mayor Fitzgerald Roberts (Dixmoor)
- Bloom Township Supervisor TJ Somer
- Alderman Marshun Tolbert (Harvey)
- Mayor Kenneth Peterson Jr. (Steger)
- Mayor Jon Vanderbilt (Park Forest)
- Pritzker proves you don’t need toilets in a glass house - September 28, 2022
- North Suburban Legal Aid Clinic and Judy’s Pizza Help Domestic Violence Victims Connect to Free Legal Aid - September 28, 2022
- Cicero condemns arbitrator’s decision to reinstate firefighter who injured colleague - September 28, 2022