Fire Districts asks community to donate to Toy Drive
The Orland Fire Protection District is hosting its annual TOY DRIVE this year!
“The drive is very important and helps bring cheer and smiles to the faces of children and families who are facing need this holiday season,” said Orland Fire Chief Michael Schofield.
“We’re asking members of the community to drop off the new toys to any of the district’s six Fire Stations or to the District’s administration headquarters. The community has been very generous in the past and we know they will help again this year to support this worthy cause.”
Schofield said the Children’s Holiday Toy Drive will be from November 22 thru December 24.
Drop off locations include:
- The Administration Building, 9790 W. 151st Street
- Fire Station 1, 9790 W. 151st Street
- Fire Station 2, 15100 S. 80th Avenue
- Fire Station 3, 15101 Wolf Road
- Fire Station 4, 16515 S. 94th Avenue
- Fire Station 5, 8851 W. 143rd Street
- Fire Station 6, 17640 Wolf Road
The toys collected will be distributed through the Toy Box Connection, a not-for-profit group that helps other not-for-profit organizations throughout the region.
Schofield said the Fire District is also collecting Toys for the Treasure Chest Foundation: A Pediatric Oncology Foundation that is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing comfort and distraction from painful procedures to children and teens who have been diagnosed with cancer, by providing gifts from a Treasure Chest.
The primary goal is to touch the lives of children through the gift of a toy, book or something fun and usable, such as a new or gently used coat.
The drive is particularly interested in toys for Teens, sports equipment, Baby Toys, New Baby and Toddler clothing, or gift cards, Schofield said.
Toy Box Connection and Treasure Chest Foundation appreciate each and every “GIFT” donated to their organizations! Each of their organizations will touch a life of a child/children this holiday season, and throughout the year.
For more information on The Toy Box Connection visit their website at www.ToyBoxConnection.com.
For more information on the Treasure Chest Foundation visit their website at www.treasurechest.org
For more information on the Orland Fire Protection District visit their website at www.OrlandFire.org.
- Pappas urges property owners to pay First Installment tax bills by Friday, March 1 due date - February 27, 2024
- Wolves roar back from behind to defeat Iowa Wilds in overtime game Sunday - February 26, 2024
- Kennedy needs support to get on Kansas ballot - February 24, 2024