Bob Bong on Business: Gas N Wash to open second Mokena location
By Bob Bong
Mokena-based Gas n Wash has announced it will open a second location in Mokena at 6 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 16, at 19990 S. LaGrange Road.
It will be the company’s seventh location. The company also operates Food n Fuel locations in the south suburbs.
The new Mokena location will feature a car wash, fuel pumps for cars and trucks, a convenience store as well as Beggars Pizza, Great American Bagel and Hog Wild Express restaurants.
Great American Bagel and Hog Wild will offer window service in separate drive-thru lanes.
This will be the second go-round for a second Hog Wild location. The popular eatery is based in Midlothian and opened a location in Tinley Park several years ago that subsequently closed.
The new Hog Wild will offer dine-in eating as well as drive-thru. The Mokena restaurant will also accept credit or debit cards, which the original location in Midlothian does not, it will remain a strictly cash operation.
Hours will be 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
The car wash is located on a former campground that was abandoned years ago.
A new traffic light has been installed at the entrance to the new facility, which went into operation this week.
Plans for the gas station were first approved in June 2017 and construction began in April.
A number of local businesses are holding grand openings this week or recently held them:
- United Real Estate Elite will hold a grand opening, ribbon cutting and business after hours from 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, at 19606 S. LaGrange Road in Mokena. The ribbon cutting is set for 5:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
- Konquer Dance Company held its grand opening and ribbon cutting on Saturday, Nov. 10, at 8600 W. 159th St. in Orland Park.
- Luxurious Lathers, a boutique that sells soaps and body products, held its grand opening and ribbon cutting on Saturday, Nov. 10, at its new home at Orland Square Mall in the upper level near Macy’s. It has a second location at Yorktown Shopping Center in Lombard.
- Great Clips held its grand opening and ribbon cutting on Oct. 29 at 15958 S. Harlem Ave. in Tinley Park.
- Jem MedSpa will hold its grand opening and ribbon cutting from 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 11219 W. 159th St. in Orland Park.
- Premier Veterinary Group will hold its grand opening and ribbon cutting from 11 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 7000 W. 159th St. in Orland Park. The ribbon cutting is scheduled for 11:15 a.m. The 12,000-square-foot animal hospital offers round-the-clock emergency care and critical care for pets.
Kup A Joe to serve customer appreciation dinners
Kup A Joe’s restaurant at 41 Old Frankfort Way in Frankfort will hold its seventh annual Customer Appreciation Turkey Dinner on Saturday, Nov. 17.
The dinner is free but reservations are required at 815-464-0909. For anyone 12 and older.
There will be three seatings of 80, at 4, 5 and 6 p.m.
Guests are asked to bring a food item for an area food bank.
If you see a new business in town or wonder what happened to an old favorite, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can track business openings and closings at http://bobbongonbusiness.com/
- Worth’s Crossing Bar and Grill won’t reopen after shooting - February 7, 2022
- Bob Bong on Business: First Midwest Buys Bridgeview Bank - December 13, 2018
- Bob Bong on Business: Gas N Wash to open second Mokena location - November 16, 2018