Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo Jan. 25 – 28
CHICAGOLAND FISHING, TRAVEL & OUTDOOR EXPO ANNOUNCES 2018 FEATURES AND SEMINARS
Chicagoland’s Ultimate Winter Fishing Event Brings “The World of Sportfishing” Indoors to Schaumburg January 25-28
Returning to the Midwest this month, the Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo, is taking over the Schaumburg Convention Center, 1551 N. Thoreau Dr., January 25-28. Perfect for both the novice and experienced angler or anyone interested in the outdoors, the annual “Sportfishing Spectacular” offers the latest in fishing, outdoor gear, a large selection of outdoor sports travel opportunities, and hands on family activities. An extensive lineup of seminars with top-notch local and national fishing professionals are also offered throughout the weekend, including:
- Brandon Palaniuk – Bassmaster Angler of the Year 2017: Palaniuk will present seminars, sign autographs and meet fans Friday, January 26.
- Joe Bucher – Hall of Fame Angler: Bucher will present seminars on musky fishing Friday, January 26.
- Ish Monroe – Professional BASS Angler: Monroe will present seminars, and meet with showgoers Saturday, January 27 and Sunday, January 28.
- Seth Feider – Professional BASS Angler from Minnesota: Seth will present seminars, and meet with showgoers Thursday, January 25 through Sunday, January 28.
Visitors of the Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo are invited to enjoy the following features this year:
- Wings and Talons: Run by Raptor Education, Stewardship, and Conservations, a 501(c)(3) organization run by volunteers, whom are stewards of non-releasable, injured or imprinted birds of prey, the Wings and Talons booth will feature live raptors and a trained raptor handler prepared to answer any questions. A great horned owl, barred owl, screech owls, American kestrel and two red-tailed hawks will be showcased at the booth.
- Chauncey’s Great Outdoors: Chauncey of Chauncey’s Great Outdoors Radio program on ESPN Radio brings a plethora of outdoor-themed activities teaching kids and adults about the outdoors, including casting programs, live animals and reptiles, collectible fishing lures from Don Basore, a fishing lure collector, and other interactive fishing and outdoor themed exhibits.
- The Hawg Trough: The Hawg Trough is a 5000 gallon fish aquarium filled with bass and panfish. Visitors can view the fish up close or watch national fishing pro celebrities and local experts present seminars on the tank to help improve fishing skills.
- Fly Tying and Entomology: From Friday through Sunday, the DuPage River Fly Tyers (DRiFT) will be teaching kids and adults the fine art of fly tying. Visitors can learn how to tie a fly fishing lure or study a variety of insects under high powered microscopes.
- The Casting Pond: At the Casting Pond, visitors can learn the quiet art of fly fishing by casting a fly with one of the experts on hand, or “try before you buy” one of the many fishing rods or reels available at the expo.
- Numerous Tackle Manufacturers: Attendees can shop and visit with many major tackle manufacturers to compare and learn about products before buying from one of the many local tackle retailers exhibiting at the show.
- The Travel Pavilion: With more than 100 travel booths from around the globe, guests can visit with the lodge, charter, resort or outfitter owners before booking their next fishing or hunting trip. Exhibitors from Canada, Alaska, the upper Midwestern US, Florida, Louisiana, South America, Africa and more will be available at the show.
- The Fishing Simulator: Guests are invited to The Maple Bassmasters Booth to experience what it feels like to “catch the big one.” The fishing simulator, a rod and reel attached to a mechanical machine, allows users to see the fish on the large screen TV chasing the bait and feel with the fish bites. This feature simulates the true feel of catching a fish including local species such as trout, bass or salmon, or more exotic species like wahoo or marlin.
- Musky Madness: On Friday, round-the-clock musky seminars will be concluded with a Musky Panel discussion and two musky tackle packs valued at more than $1000 each will be given away.
- The Fisherman’s Boatyard: The Fisherman’s Boatyard allows visitors to compare and buy a variety of fiberglass and aluminum fishing boats.
- Family Day Sunday: On Sunday, the first 100 kids (11 and under) will receive a free Plano tackle box and kids 11 years old and under can participate in a scavenger hunt at the show to receive a fishing related prize.
The Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo will be open Thursday-Sunday, January 25-28, 2018. Show hours are as follows: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Thursday, January 25 and Friday, January 26; 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Saturday, January 27; and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday, January 18.
Tickets can be purchased in advance online and are $12 for adults and $3 for children starting at age six; children 5 years old and younger are free.
For more information on the Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo click here.
- Summer Theatre in the Quad Cities - June 23, 2021
- Orland Township “Off to the Races” - June 23, 2021
- Goodman Theater announces cast for Shakuntala by Lavina Jadhwani - June 23, 2021