Orland Park Police Department Releases Thanksgiving Enforcement Numbers
The Orland Park Police Department conducted a traffic safety campaign from Nov. 18-28 reminding motorists to buckle up and drive sober.
The “Click It or Ticket” and “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” mobilization was conducted by Orland Park Police Department and other state and local law enforcement agencies across Illinois to reduce highway fatalities.
During the campaign, Orland Park Police Officers issued:
- 40 seat belt citations
- 56 speeding citations
- 19 Distracted Driving citations
- Arrested 5 drivers for driving with a suspended or revoked licenses
- Arrested 4 drivers for Driving Under the Influence
“Our officers patrol year-round to keep motorists buckled up and impaired drivers off the roads,” said Sergeant Bill Sanchez. “We do this to save lives and ensure all of us make it home safely at the end of the day.”
The Thanksgiving enforcement effort is made possible by federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation and is part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns.
- Chicago police officer killed in Tinley Park traffic accident - December 9, 2023
- Orland Fire District prevents fire from consuming Orland Park home - December 9, 2023
- Chicago men charged after armed robbery attempt at Tinley Park Jewel/Osco - December 6, 2023