Orland Township flu shots for public and continues to offer COVID vaccines to Seniors
Orland Township residents have the opportunity to receive seasonal flu-shots on select days. The Township is also continuing to offer COVID vaccinations and booster shots to senior citizens
Orland Township has extended the dates for flu shots through November. No appointments necessary, shots will be available on the listed dates at the Township offices, 14807 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park.
DATES & TIMES:
11/3 – 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
11/10 – Available morning and afternoon (Wellness Wednesday)
Wellness Wednesday – 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
11/17 – 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
11/24 – Available morning and afternoon on (Wellness Wednesday)
Wellness Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Orland Township’s 2021 Flu Shot Clinics are all walk-in (no appointment necessary) and for anyone 3 years of age or older. Pneumonia vaccines (Pneumovax 23 and Prevnar 13) will also be available at the Orland Township Flu Shot Clinics to adults 19 years of ages or older.
It is asked that residents bring an updated immunization record and consult with their physician as to which vaccines they may need.
Those receiving a shot are asked to wear a short sleeve shirt. The Township asks that those planning on attending any of the clinics arrive in good health.
The following will be available at all clinics:
Fluzone Quadrivalent* • 3 years of age and older: $40
– Medicaid (Title 19) card holders can receive the flu vaccine ONLY at our monthly immunization clinic.
- *Fluzone protects against four different flu viruses.
- *Fluzone is preservative free.
Flublok Quadrivalent* • 18 years of age and older: $40
- *Flublok is 100% egg-free.
- *Flublok is highly purified and preservative free.
- *Three times more antigens than traditional flu vaccine.
Fluzone High-Dose* • Adults 65 and older: $55
– Individuals with Traditional Medicare Part B: Orland Township will bill Medicare for vaccines.
– Those with a Medicare Advantage Plan or Retiree Plan (depending upon your insurance plan), may be able to submit vaccine receipt for reimbursement.
- *Fluzone HD Vaccine is preservative free.
Supervisor Paul O’Grady and the Township board said they were proud to also offer an aggressive COVID vaccination program for seniors, the most vulnerable group to the pandemic.
More than 200 eager residents flocked to Orland Township on Friday, Oct. 29, to receive a dose of the COVID-19 booster shot in the Township Activity Center. Thanks to the joint effort of Orland Township and Jewel-Osco, attendees had the choice between the Pfizer and Moderna boosters, along with access to an optional flu shot.
Over the last week, the Township managed set up a registration process for all residents, giving them access to an opportunity not all are aware of. Jewel-Osco pharmacists were on site administering the vaccines to the residents as they arrived, while Orland Township volunteer nurses stood by ready with flu shots.
“As we continue to navigate our way through the pandemic, we must continue to put the health and safety of our residents first. Orland Township is glad to have had the chance to help distribute both COVID-19 vaccines and boosters,” Orland Township Supervisor Paul O’Grady said. “We are also grateful for the efforts of Jewel-Osco, and our volunteer nurses, who are always able to make these events happen.”
Orland Township is continuing to work on arranging more clinic dates to provide access to the COVID-19 booster for the public. Residents 65 and older who have not already received the booster are strongly encouraged to do so. Orland Township’s next booster clinic is anticipated to be in mid-November.
For more information on programs, services, and events being held at Orland Township including COVID-19 booster clinics, visit the website, orlandtownship.org, or call (708) 403-4222. Be sure to like the Orland Township Facebook page for more updates.
- American traditions like Thanksgiving should not be broken because of latter day spin - November 24, 2022
- This year, let Thanksgiving dinner be the start of having family dinners more often - November 24, 2022
- CLE at Leving firm to focus on analyzing financial records to discover adverse party’s assets in Domestic Relations cases - November 21, 2022