Dinner kitchen Apartment fire Monday August 8, no injuries, minor smoke damage
The Orland Fire Protection District responded to a kitchen fire in an apartment building Monday Aug. 8, 2021 at 9023 Franklin 2nd floor east unit around 6:30 pm.
The homeowner was preparing food for dinner on the stove when the fire occurred.
Crews quickly arrived to the scene and brought the fire under control.
The fire was on the second floor and smoke spread throughout the building so other crews were tasked with removing tenants to safety.
Crews from Palos and Tinley Park also assisted.
There were no reported injuries and the building was turned back over to its residents.
Latest posts by Ray Hanania (see all)