ComEd Readies for Severe Weather Across Northern Illinois
ComEd, the energy company, encourages customers in Chicagoland to be safe and report outage information via text or call in the face of heavy storms headed to Chicagoland and the suburbs Wednesday May 2, 2018
ComEd is closely monitoring and preparing for severe weather that may affect parts of the northern Illinois region it serves starting Wednesday evening. Current forecasts call for heavy rain, hail, and wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour. ComEd has proactively increased crew staffing and is readying equipment to respond quickly in the event of outages.
“We recognize that any interruption is an inconvenience to our customers and are taking precautions to minimize the impact of the storm on our system,” said Terence R. Donnelly, executive vice president and chief operating officer, ComEd. “Our goal is to respond quickly and safely to any impact to our customers.”
Public safety is paramount during storms, and ComEd encourages the public to remember to take the following precautions:
- If you encounter a downed power line, immediately call ComEd at 1-800-EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661). Spanish-speaking customers should call 1-800-95-LUCES (1-800-955-8237).
- Never approach a downed power line. Always assume a power line is energized and extremely dangerous.
- In the event of an outage, please do not approach ComEd crews working to restore power to ask about restoration times. Crews may be working on live electrical equipment and the perimeter of the work zone may be hazardous.
ComEd urges customers to contact the company immediately if they experience a power outage. Customers can text OUT to 26633 (COMED) to report an outage and receive restoration information, and can follow the company on Twitter @ComEd or on Facebook at facebook.com/comed. Customers can also report outages by calling 1-800 EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661) or visiting comed.com/report. Spanish-speaking customers should call 1-800-95-LUCES (1-800-955-8237).
Customers can easily find information on the location and size of outages and get estimated power restoration times using ComEd’s interactive outage map at comed.com/map. Additionally, customers can report power outages and manage their accounts using the ComEd mobile app for iPhone and Android® available for download at comed.com/app.
Commonwealth Edison Company (ComEd) is a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC), the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with approximately 10 million customers. ComEd provides service to approximately 3.9 million customers across northern Illinois, or 70 percent of the state’s population. For more information visit ComEd.com, and connect with the company on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- American traditions like Thanksgiving should not be broken because of latter day spin - November 24, 2022
- This year, let Thanksgiving dinner be the start of having family dinners more often - November 24, 2022
- CLE at Leving firm to focus on analyzing financial records to discover adverse party’s assets in Domestic Relations cases - November 21, 2022