Naperville Police Offering Youth Academy This Summer
Students will get an in-depth look at law enforcement in this 7-week course
The Naperville Police Department is now accepting applications for a seven-week Youth Academy to be held this summer.
The academy will begin on June 7, 2018 and continue every Thursday night (excluding July 5) through July 19. Applications are due by May 25, 2018.
The Naperville Police Department Youth Academy is designed to give teens a working knowledge of the Naperville Police Department, as well as an opportunity to interact with police officers in a positive environment.
It consists of a series of classes, discussions and hands-on demonstrations covering a variety of topics, including police patrol operations, police canines, police investigations, special response team, forensics and more. All classes are free and will be held at the Naperville Police Department from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Space is limited and spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. To be eligible to apply, students must:
- be currently in high school or entering high school in the fall of 2018;
- reside in Naperville or attend high school in Naperville;
- have parental permission and transportation to and from the police department; and
- be a student in good standing with no criminal contacts.
Interested candidates should print and complete the Youth Academy application and waiver found at www.naperville.il.us/cpa and return the signed documents no later than Friday, May 25, 2018 to Sergeant Tim Erdman by email at email@example.com or through the mail or in person at the Naperville Police Department, 1350 Aurora Avenue, Naperville, IL 60540.
Located 28 miles west of Chicago, Naperville, Ill., is home to approximately 145,000 people. This vibrant, thriving city consistently ranks as a top community in the nation in which to live, raise children and retire. The city is home to acclaimed public and parochial schools, the best public library system in the country, an array of healthcare options and an exceptionally low crime rate. Naperville has ready access to a variety of public transportation, housing and employment options. The city’s diversified employer base features high technology firms, retailers and factories, as well as small and home-based businesses. Residents also enjoy world-class parks, diverse worship options, the opportunity to serve on several City boards and commissions, a thriving downtown shopping and dining area, a renowned outdoor history museum known as Naper Settlement and an active civic community. For more information, please visit our website at www.naperville.il.us.
- Illinoisans who received at least one COVID vaccination automatically entered in $10 million state giveaway - June 17, 2021
- Ald. Pat Dowell Calls for Personal Dashboard for the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office - June 17, 2021
- Kim Foxx passes on “foundation crimes” that lead to violence and murder - June 16, 2021