Chicago trade center recipient of Trump administration grant
U.S. Commerce Department Announces $13.3 Million to Boost Competitiveness of U.S. Manufacturers
U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross today announced $13.3 million in U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) grants to support 11 Trade Adjustment Assistance Centers (TAACs) in California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington that help manufacturers affected by imports adjust to increasing global competition and create jobs.
“The Trump administration is working every day to help America’s manufacturers, their workers, and their communities,” said Secretary Ross. “This funding is one element of a government-wide effort to restore American jobs and strengthen U.S. manufacturing.”
The 11 grants include:
- $1.7 million to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, for the Great Lakes Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $1.2 million to the Mid-Atlantic Employers’ Association, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, for the Mid-Atlantic Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $978,000 to the New England Trade Adjustment Assistance Center, Inc., North Billerica, Massachusetts
- $1.1 million to the Research Foundation, State University of New York Binghamton, for the New York, New Jersey and Puerto Rico Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $1.2 million to the University of Colorado at Boulder for the Rocky Mountain Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $1.2 million to the University of Texas at San Antonio for the Southwest Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $1 million to the University of Missouri–Columbia for the Mid-America Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $1.2 million to Applied Strategies International, Ltd., Chicago, Illinois, for the Midwest Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $1.2 million to the Trade Task Group, Seattle, Washington, for the Northwest Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $1.3 million to the Georgia Tech Research Corporation, Atlanta, Georgia, for the Southeastern Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- $1.2 million to the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, for the Western Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
EDA’s Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms program funds 11 Trade Adjustment Assistance Centers across the nation. The centers support a wide range of technical, planning, and business recovery projects that help companies and the communities that depend on them adapt to international competition and diversify their economies. The grants announced today are for the second year of a funding cycle running from 2016 to 2021. Additional information on the program is available at www.taacenters.org.
About the U.S. Economic Development Administration (www.eda.gov):
The mission of the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA) is to lead the federal economic development agenda by promoting competitiveness and preparing the nation’s regions for growth and success in the worldwide economy. An agency within the U.S. Department of Commerce, EDA makes investments in economically distressed communities in order to create jobs for U.S. workers, promote American innovation, and accelerate long-term sustainable economic growth.
He is the recipient of four (4) Chicago Headline Club Lisagor Awards, the 2009 Sigma Delta Chi Award for journalism, and was named Best Ethnic American Columnist by the New America Media in 2007.
His personal web page is The Daily Hookah at www.TheDailyHookah.com (and www.RayHanania.com).
Hanania writes a weekly syndicated column for the Arab News in Saudi Arabia and is the managing editor of the American Arab online news website, www.TheArabDailyNews.com.
His mainstream columns are published in Chicago's Southwest Side and Suburbs in The Regional News, The Reporter Newspapers, the Southwest News-Herald and the Des Plaines Valley News.
Hanania is the managing editor of Suburban Chicagoland Online News website www.SuburbanChicagoland.com.
Email Ray Hanania at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Ray Hanania (see all)
- Cook County Beverage Tax Repeal Vote set for October 10 - September 19, 2017
- Tech Review: Don’t buy Studio Beats headset - September 16, 2017
- Kennedy will respect Arabs, Muslims as Illinois governor - September 16, 2017
342total visits,2visits today