Hastings secures $17.8 million for vital improvements to Tinley Park and neighboring municipalities
Tinley Park and neighboring municipalities are set to receive $17.8 million to make vital improvements to local highways and roads, thanks to the advocacy of State Senator Michael E. Hastings.
“Our highways, roads and bridges optimize opportunities for economic development, education and health care services, and connects us with our families and loved ones,” said Hastings (D-Frankfort).
“These vital dollars will go toward making much-needed improvements to increase accessibility and reduce traffic congestion.”
As part of IDOT’s latest Multi-Year Plan under Rebuild Illinois, Tinley Park and neighboring communities, which Hastings represents, will see four infrastructure projects totaling more than $17.8 million over the next six years.
A few of the projects coming to the area include:
- $16.9 million for a bridge replacement, bike path improvements and other construction projects along I-80
- More than $800,000 to fill cracks and conduct joint sealing on US 6/159th Street
These projects are part of IDOT’s multi-year plan, a $40 billion investment in construction projects for the next six fiscal years. The project invest in all modes of transportation: roads and bridges, aviation, transit, freight and passenger rail, waterways, as well as bicycle and pedestrian accommodations.
“These projects provide thousands of good-paying jobs each year,” Hastings said.
“Our region is an economic engine for the state. These crucial infrastructure improvements will help further lead us toward prosperity and highlight one of the many reasons people should consider moving to the South Suburbs.”
To find a full list of projects slated for the 19th Senate District, visit IDOT’s website.
- Hastings urges residents to apply for energy bill assistance program - September 18, 2023
- Pappas’ office helps Chicago couple get $2,447 property tax refund - September 15, 2023
- Hastings pleased to see more than $700,000 in grants awarded to local hotels - September 13, 2023