Orland Township’s Senior Health Fair celebrates Older American Month
Orland Township to hold Senior Health Fair in May in recognizance of Older Americans Month
Orland Township invites local seniors to take part in the month-long celebration of Older Americans Month.
Just as every person is unique, so too is how they age and how they choose to do it – and there is no “right” way.
That’s why the theme for Older Americans Month 2022 is Age My Way.
Orland Township will host a FREE Senior Health Fair on Wednesday, May 25, from 9 a.m. until noon at Orland Township, 14807 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park. Several local organizations will be on site with giveaways, raffle prizes and senior related information.
Several free health services will also be available, including basic cholesterol testing, total lipid profile testing, blood pressure screenings, and hearing screenings.
Those currently scheduled to attend include:
- Americas Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
- Bankers Life
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Pop Up Farmers Market
- Clean Eatz
- Cook County Sheriff
- Edward Jones
- Jonna Phelps Consulting
- Miroballi Shoes
- Orland Hearing Aid Center
- Orland Park Fire Protection District
- Orland Park Health & Fitness Center
- Orland Park Library
- Orland Park Nutrition
- Orland Park Police Department
- Salon Evangelos
Additionally, those listed below have generously provided refreshments and free raffles for the event:
- Great American Bagel
- Pop’s Italian Beef & Sausage
- Silver Lake Country Club
- Red Lobster
- Windy City Thunderbolts
For more information on programs, services, and events being held at Orland Township during Older Americans Month, including the Senior Block Party on May 6, visit orlandtownship.org/OAM, or call (708) 403-4222. Be sure to like the Orland Township Facebook page for more updates.
- D230 students win prestigious art awards - January 26, 2023
- Alderman Raymond Lopez would have made a great mayor - January 26, 2023
- Hurley Named Chair of Police and Fire Committee - January 25, 2023