Newman receives BMWED Teamsters endorsement for re-election in new 6th District
Congresswoman Marie Newman receives endorsement from the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees Division of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Congresswoman Marie Newman announced Thursday Dec. 16, 2021 that she had received the endorsement of the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees Division IBT (BMWED-IBT).
BMWED-IBT represents workers who build and maintain the tracks, bridges, buildings, and other structures on our railroads, approximately 40,000 members across North America.
“Re-electing Congresswoman Marie Newman to the U.S. House of Representatives is good for American working families,” said BMWED President Freddie Simpson.
“The BMWED-IBT strongly supports Congresswoman Newman as the Democratic candidate to represent Illinois District 6 in the U.S. House of Representatives with proud enthusiasm. We stand with Congresswoman Newman as she vows to continue fighting for American working families by advancing transportation and infrastructure.”
BMWED-IBT’s endorsement adds to Congresswoman Marie Newman’s growing support from organized labor, underscoring her work as a member of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure in passing a historic bipartisan infrastructure package. The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act set aside $17 billion in formula funding for critical infrastructure projects across the state, including $4 billion for public transit.
Two critical pieces of legislation introduced by Congresswoman Newman, the All Stations Accessibility Program Act and the Rail Center for Excellence Bill, were passed into law with this package, and will make commuter and freight rail operations safer and more efficient for passengers and the hard-working men and women who keep our country moving.
Other labor organizations endorsing Congresswoman Marie Newman for re-election in Illinois’ 6th District include:
- SEIU Illinois State Council
- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 308
- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 241
- Transportation Communications Union/IAM
- National Conference of Firemen and Oilers, SEIU 32BJ
- American traditions like Thanksgiving should not be broken because of latter day spin - November 24, 2022
- This year, let Thanksgiving dinner be the start of having family dinners more often - November 24, 2022
- CLE at Leving firm to focus on analyzing financial records to discover adverse party’s assets in Domestic Relations cases - November 21, 2022