Orland Township Bringing Excitement with Back-To-School Health Fair
Residents are invited to attend the fun-filled back to school event later this Summer.
Orland Township hopes to get everyone ready to get back to school this August by holding their annual Back-To-School Health Fair, proudly presented by Supervisor Paul O’Grady and the Board of Trustees!
The fair, which will take place on August 14th, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., will be held at Orland Township; located at 14807 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park, IL.
“Making sure our youth return to school healthy and ready to learn is more important than ever after this past year,” said Supervisor O’Grady.
“Support for our school-children, parents, and teachers needs to be easily accessible. We hope to provide that and even more support at our Back-To-School Health Fair this August. After all, we’re still in this together.”
Admission to the health fair is free. School physicals (sports and health) will be available for $35 for Township residents ($45 for non-residents) and proof of residency required.
Free services include:
- Dental Screenings & Eye Exams
- Hair Cuts provided by Salon Evangelos
- School Supplies
- Food & Beverages
Furthermore, qualifying families can sign up to receive more school supplies from the Orland Township Food Pantry.
Immunizations will be available for those who meet the following requirements:
- Must have an up-to-date U.S. immunization record
- Live in Orland Township (proof of residency required)
- Medicaid Title XIX (19)*
- Native American or Alaska Native
- Underinsured (must show policy) or uninsured
*Please note: Orland Township no longer accepts Medicaid Title XXI (21). Residents will be charged a $10 admission fee per vaccine.
(Anyone who meets the above requirements but lives outside of Orland Township will be charged a $20 administration fee per vaccine – cash or credit only.)
There will be plenty of activities and attendees to keep everyone entertained during the Back-to-School Health Fair, including:
- School Bus Safety presented by American Bus Company
- Orland Park Fire Department, providing CPR training
- Giveaways and tuition assistance information from Edward Jones
Additionally, there will be games and prizes from generous donors such as White Mountain, Burger 21, and many more. Face painting and numerous free giveaways from local vendors will also be available. Supervisor Paul O’Grady and the Orland Township Board of Trustees hopes to see you there.
For more information on Orland Township happenings, please call at (708) 403-4222, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, or visit the website at www.orlandtownship.org.
- Western Digital tubes its loyal customers for profit - October 17, 2021
- Activist speaks for Chicagoland condemning Emanuel appointment as Japan ambassador - October 15, 2021
- Police searching for Hammond homicide suspects after vehicle chase, crash in Tinley Park - October 15, 2021