IDPH Announces Region 5 Moves into Tier 1 Mitigation – Limited Indoor Dining
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced Region 5, southern Illinois (Alexander, Edwards, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Marion, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Union, Wabash, Wayne, White, Williamson), has met the metrics to move out of Tier 2 mitigations and into Tier 1 mitigations, which will allow limited indoor dining.
“I am excited to see southern Illinois move into Tier 1 mitigations and I encourage them to continue to practice personal protective actions so they can get back to Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan,” said IDPH Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike.
“This should serve as motivation for other regions. However, I do want to caution that moving back through tiers does not mean abandoning your mask or attending large events and gatherings. We must continue to watch our distance and wear our masks and get vaccinated when it we become eligible.”
Tier 1 requires a region to meet the following metrics:
1) A test positivity rate below 8% for three consecutive days, as measured by the 7-day rolling average; AND
2) Greater than or equal to 20% available staffed ICU and medical/surgical hospital beds for three consecutive days, on a 3-day rolling average; AND
3) No sustained increase in the number of people in the hospital with COVID-19 for seven out of 10 days, on a 7-day average.
Beginning January 16, 2021, staffed ICU and medical/surgical hospital beds will be based on a 7-day rolling average to help stabilize the numbers and reduce the variations associated with natural hospital admission trends.
Regional COVID-19 metrics can be found on the IDPH website at http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics.
For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is a minority community abuser - September 20, 2021
- La Crepe Bistro offers genuine French cuisine in Southwest suburbs - September 18, 2021
- More than $39,000 in property tax overpayments returned to Arab community thanks to Pappas and Arab Chamber - September 17, 2021