“One of a Kind Spring Show” at The Mart shares gift ideas
The Mart’s Shopping Experts have Eliminated all the Guess Work, Providing an Unmatched Selection of Perfect Gifts just in Time for Mother’s Day, Graduation, Weddings, and More
The 4th annual One of a Kind Spring Show®, returning to The Mart, 222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza, April 26 – 28, 2019, has released their 2019 spring gift guide for shoppers to get ahead and start planning their upcoming trip. Perfect for Mother’s Day, graduation, wedding season and more, gifts at the 2019 show range from ceramic kitchenware and recycled paper home decorations, to hand-crafted artwork and jewelry unlike any other, created by more than 300 independent artists from across the country and beyond. For every upcoming occasion this year, the show will offer an enormous variety of personal and unique presents that are as special as the person who will receive them.
“We are excited to bring back our Spring Show to kick off the warm weather shopping season. From graduation and birthdays to weddings, holidays and more, we are happy that the show and our artists are able to be a special part of our shoppers’ lives. As each item is handmade by talented artisans, one piece at a time, the creativity of our talented exhibiting artists lends itself to there being something unique for every individual,” said Aida Sarvan, Director of Marketing, at The Mart.
The One of a Kind Spring Show will simplify gifting with a wide range of unique and eclectic offerings for everyone in their official Gift Guide, from the party host to the newlywed and more, including:
SUBSCRIBE TO RAY HANANIA'S COLUMN
Treat Mom To Something Just As Special As She Is This Mother’s Day
- A radiant piece of mixed media art by new artist Olivia Joy
- Melinda Risk Jewelry’s Victorian Era-inspired jewelry, featuring 22 karat gold, sterling silver, copper, diamonds, gemstones, glass, bone and porcelain
- Fashion-forward women’s clothing by Lennard Taylor
- A modern take on a classic – a 3D printed bud vase from an emerging artist Brian Peters
Caps Off To The Grad! Celebrate The Class Of 2019 In Style
- Commemorate new beginnings or pay tribute to the grad’s past with a hand carved piece by Elevated Woodworking
- Fun, champagne-scented candle by Edgewater Candles
- Quirky, printed bags by Artist Pamela Brasky
- Laser Eye Shop’s laser cut, sustainable wood phone cases
One-Of-A-Kind Bridal Shower And Wedding Gifts
- Visually stunning and personalized wall art from Kathryn Korff
- Turkish-inspired woven robes by Together Textiles, perfect for the honeymoon
- An elegant yet practical chip and dip ceramic bowl by Mandy Park of Glazed Pottery Shop
- A colorful print by emerging artist Elizabeth Edwards
For The Dad Who Has It All This Father’s Day
- A travel bag from Open Hand Leather Goods
- The guinea and pheasant feathers pocket square by Brackish
- A set of unique cuff links from Stacy Lee Webber
- Pearce Woodworks’s quirky, handcrafted wooden side table
For The Summer Party Host or Housewarming Honoree
- Handcrafted tiki mugs by Andrew Iannazziare
- Handmade, organic Humble Organics bath bombs
- Elegant yet bold earrings by Larissa Loden
- Dill-inspired, craft blend of seasonings from Fast Mary’s Bloody Mary
During the One of a Kind Spring Show, shoppers will have the opportunity to meet and engage with participating artists to learn about them, their creative process and their work, attend fashion runway shows, add to their fine art collection, and more. Guests can also shop accessories, bath & body, ceramics, fashion, fiber art, furniture, glass, and gourmet goods, to home goods, jewelry, kids, metal, mixed media, paintings, paper, pet products, photography, sculpture and wood throughout the show.
The One of a Kind Show will be open 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Friday, April 26; 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday, April 27; and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday, April 28. Tickets are $12 per adult and provide entry for all three days. Special ticket packages and offers are available. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.oneofakindshowchicago.com.
About The One of a Kind Spring Show
The One of a Kind Spring Show® Chicago takes place at The Mart, 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, 7th Floor, April 26-28, 2019. For tickets or more information, visit: http://oneofakindshowchicago.com/.
Hours are as follows:
April 26, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
April 27, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
April 28, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tickets are $12 per adult and provide entry for all three days. Children 12 and under are free. Special ticket packages are also available. For tickets or more information, visit www.oneofakindshowchicago.com.
theMART (formerly The Merchandise Mart), located in the center of the sought-after River North submarket, is interwoven into the fabric of Chicago as an innovator in business, technology, culture, art, media and more. As the largest privately held commercial building in the United States, it is one of the world’s leading commercial buildings, wholesale design centers and the preeminent international business location in Chicago. Encompassing 4.2 million gross square feet, theMART spans two city blocks, rises 25 stories, and is visited by an average of 30,000 people each business day and nearly 10 million people annually. Offering continuous innovation and creativity from leading manufacturers and design forward showrooms, theMART serves as the home to Chicago’s most creative and technologically innovative companies including Motorola Mobility, 1871, Yelp, PayPal and MATTER, as well as Fortune 500 companies ConAgra, Allstate, Kellogg, Beam Suntory, Grainger and Caterpillar.
THIS POST HAS BEEN READ 3203 TIMES SO FAR. THANK YOU!
Hanania also writes about Middle East issues for the Arab News, and The Arab Daily News criticizing government policies in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
A critic of mainstream news media bias, Hanania advocates for peace & justice for Israel & Palestine, & the empowerment of Arabs in America.
"I write about three topics, the Middle East, politics and life in general. I often take my life experiences and offer them in an entertaining way to readers, and I take on the toughest topics like the Israel-Palestine conflict and don't pull any punches about what I feel is fair. But, my priority is always about writing the good story."
Click Here to LISTEN to Hanania's live radio show on 2nd Friday every month 7 AM CST. Click here to listen to Ray's Podcasts.
His columns are archived here. Hanania was named "Best Ethnic American Columnist" by the New America Media in November 2007, and is the 2009 recipient of the SPJ National Sigma Delta Chi Award for column writing.
Email Ray Hanania at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Ray Hanania (see all)
- Illinois financial problems are a national joke - March 18, 2019
- Max and Benny’s Offers Passover Seder food service - March 18, 2019
- Last Blockbuster Store & Last Blockbuster Mansion - March 18, 2019