Bremen High School Dist. 228 Students Take Gold at Illinois Special Olympics
Eight Bremen High School District 228 students competed in the Illinois Special Olympics at Illinois State University in Bloomington-Normal this past weekend.
Bremen High School District 228 students took home four gold medals, four silver medals, and one sixth-place finish. Students participated in the 50 Meter Dash and Softball Throw.
They were accompanied and led by their coaches Mrs. Rachel Wnenk, Ms. Meredith Madden, and Mr. Tom Nealon.
- Gold Medalist, Billy Davis from Hillcrest High School in the Male 50 Meter Dash and Silver Medalist in the Male Softball Throw
- Gold Medalist, Tommy Black from Bremen High School in the Male 50 Meter Dash
- Gold Medalist, Nicholas D’Aguanno from Bremen High School in the Male 50 Meter Dash
- Gold Medalist, Lee Williams from Hillcrest High School in the Male 50 Meter Dash
- Silver Medalist, Deja Voss from Hillcrest High School in the Female 50 Meter Dash
- Silver Medalist, Drew Suett from Bremen High School in the Male Softball Throw
- Silver Medalist, Hector Martinez from Bremen High School in the Male 50 Meter Dash
- 6th Place Finalist, Jacob Fenlon-Panozzo from Oak Forest High School in Male Softball Throw
In order to compete in the state competition, students had to qualify in Region E’s Spring Games which were held at Thornwood High School in South Holland, Ill. on May 6. This is the third year Team Braves has competed in the Special Olympics and the second year Team Braves has had students qualify for state. In 2017, four students qualified.
About Bremen High School District 228
Bremen High School District 228 is located in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and serves the communities of Midlothian, Posen, Tinley Park, Markham, Hazel Crest, Country Club Hills and Oak Forest. District 228 serves over 5,000 students and employs 613 full and part-time staff members. Bremen High School, in Midlothian, opened its doors to students in September of 1953. Since then, District 228 opened three additional schools. Tinley Park High School opened in 1961; Hillcrest High School, in Country Club Hills, opened in 1967; and Oak Forest High School opened in 1970. For more information, please visithttp://bhsd228.schoolwires.net
- Taxpayers have an extra month to pay First Installment of Tax Bills - February 6, 2023
- State hearings and transparency needed on Nicor gas cost hikes - February 5, 2023
- Do more for senior citizens like we do for illegal aliens - February 3, 2023