Orland Park offers Christmas Tree, Wreath and Light recycling
Live Christmas tree and wreath collection in the Village of Orland Park will be offered by Waste Management, the Village’s waste collector.
During the first two full weeks of January, the weeks of January 2 and January 9, Waste Management customers can place Christmas trees and wreaths at the curb on their regular garbage collection day for pickup.
Residents must remove all decorations and leave the tree and wreaths unbagged at the curb on their regular garbage pick-up days. Trees six feet or taller must be cut in half.
No longer needed or working holiday lights, LED lights and cords are being collected for recycling through January 25, 2023.
Unbagged lights and cords may be dropped off for recycling at:
- Village Hall, 14700 S. Ravinia Avenue
- Sportsplex, 11351 W. 159th Street
- Franklin E. Loebe Recreation Center, 14650 S. Ravinia Avenue
- Orland Park Health & Fitness, 15430 West Avenue
- Cultural Center, 14760 Park Lane
Questions about the live tree recycling can be directed to Waste Management at (800)964-8988, inquiries in regard to light recycling can be directed to the Village at (708)403-6100.
- Car crashes into Orland Park post Office - September 22, 2023
- Hastings urges residents to apply for energy bill assistance program - September 18, 2023
- Pappas’ office helps Chicago couple get $2,447 property tax refund - September 15, 2023