Orland Fire hosts free morning coffee for residents March 28
The Orland Fire Protection District along with Aishling Companion Home Care had a very well-attended Coffee & Conversation at the Fire District Administration Board Room on February 28, 2019!
More than 35 residents attended the free information session at th eOraldn Fire headquarters. Kim, one of the Orland Fire Protection District’s dispatchers, participated, answering questions from attendees about the Fire District’s emergency response, system, cell phone emergency calls and other 9-1-1 information. Also addressing the gathering during the morning session was Sheila, a member of the Orland Senior Advisory Council, who spoke about Scald Prevention and avoiding injuries while cooking.
The meetings main speaker was Chad Kodiak from Kodo Pharmacy who spoke about the importance of medication management and KODOPAK. KODOPAK is the easiest and safest way to take your medications, attendees were told. Your meds are pre-sorted in individual PAKS by the time and day you need to take them. You will always know you are taking the right medication at the right time! Never again will you have to worry about which medication you should take at what time. More information is available about KODOPAK by visiting www.kodopak.com online or by sending an email to:
SUBSCRIBE TO RAY HANANIA'S COLUMN
Please join the Orland Fire Protection District at its next Coffee & Conversation morning meeting on Thursday, March 28, 2019. The main guest speaker is from Vitas Healthcare and the topic is: What is Palliative Care? And, when is it time for this care?
The free program runs from 10 AM until 12 Noon located at the Orland Fire Protection District Administration Board Room, 9790 W. 151st Street Orland Park, Il 60462. Please RSVP to reserve your spot by calling Elizabeth Dine at the Orland Fire Protection District by calling 708-873-2742. For more information visit the Orland Fire Protection District online at www.OrlandFire.org.
Candlewick Lake & Links Festival scheduled
Candlewick Lake Association
LAKE & LINKS FEST 2019
Sunday, June 2 – 12 Noon until 5:00 PM
Gates open to the Public
Here is last year’s schedule of events
Each year the Lake and Links Festival has a great selection of events. Here are some of the events from last year (We’ll update with the new schedule when it is set)
- Noon: C.U.B.A. Demo in the Pool at the Recreation Center
- Noon – 2:30pm: Espinosa & Coffey perform at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- 1:00pm: Fishing Clinic at the Recreation Center Fishing Pier sponsored by the Lake Management Commission
- 1:00pm – 4:00pm: Multiple Open Houses throughout the Community Available for Viewing: List of homes and map available upon request from the east & west gates and at the Realtor Tent.
- 2:30pm- 5:00pm: Trinadora Duo performs at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Noon – 5:00pm (includes all the listings below):
- Food & Beverages at the Recreation Center (food trucks plus the Lakeview Eatery Restaurant); at Friendship Park (food truck); and at the Savannah Oaks Club House (order from the Club House menu)
- Savannah Oaks Golf Course and Club House activities include a putting contest, pony cart rides, and Ping Pong Ball Drop 50/50 Raffle
- Sean Huguenin and Bernie “Catfish” Miese perform at the Savannah Oaks Club House
- Free Pontoon Boat Rides on the Lake from the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Kids Fun Fair including Face Painting, Fish Pond, Bean Bag Toss, Bozo Buckets, Sucker Pull, Pluck-a-Duck, (10 cents per game) and a Make-&-Take Craft (50 cents). Located at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Craft Show in the Recreation Center
- Large & Small Raffle Ticket Sales at the Recreation Center (lakeside). Raffle ticket costs: Large Raffle $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00 and Small Raffle $1.00 each. Winner need not be present to win, but will need to pick up item(s) no later than Friday, June 15th. Raffle drawing at 5:00pm
- Classic Car Show at Friendship Park
- Various Info Tents at the Recreation Center including: CWL Info Tent, Public Safety Tent, Realtor Tent, Belvidere/Boone County Food Tent (d0nations welcomed), and CWL Flames Tent
SUBSCRIBE TO RAY HANANIA'S COLUMN