Israeli elections, Ilhan Omar’s choice — Arab or Muslim? On Arab Radio
Radio talk show host Ray Hanania will host a program on Friday morning at 8 AM Detroit time on WNZK AM 690 radio to discuss the aftermath of the Israeli elections — a Palestinian Election Nakba. Joining him on radio will be Ali Younes.
Hanania is a columnist with the ArabNews.comnewspaper based in Saudi Arabia and in Dubai and Younes is an investigative reporter with Aljazeera English.
Hanania and Younes will talk about the aftermath of the Israeli elections in which Arab voters boycotted and only voted at a rate of about 50 percent, losing seats on the Knesset from 13 to 10. Had they voted to their maximum potential, they could have won 24 to 26 seats making them a formidable voice on Israeli policies.
Hanania and Younes will also discuss the vicious attacks against Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar by the administration of President Donald Trump. Trump continues to cross the line in attacking Omar, Muslims in America and also the Palestinians. But the question that faces Omar is whether she wants to define herself as a Muslim or as an Arab American. An Arab Muslim from Somali, Omar faces the same criticism that is leveled against American Jewish activists who champion the cause of Israel over the interests of the United States. Dual loyalty is a serious issue regardless of your religion or heritage. Click here to read Ray Hanania’s column in the Arab News this week April 17, 2019
SUBSCRIBE TO RAY HANANIA'S COLUMN
Also, the show will include a segment with Adel Mozip who recently to fill a vacant board seat for both the school district and Henry Ford College on Tuesday, filling the seats that once belonged to current Michigan Solicitor General Fadwa Hammoud. Mozip emerged from a field of 11 candidates who applied to fill the seat, which became open after Hammoud told the board she was concerned about a potential conflict-of-interest and vacated it. Mozip previously ran for the position twice before.
You can call-in to the radio show at 248-557-3300 during the show which airs between 8 AM and 9 AM in Detroit (7 AM and 8 AM in Chicago) and 2 PM to 3 PM in Occupied Jerusalem.
THE ARAB STREET Radio & Podcast is a part of the US Arab Radio Network hosted by Laila Alhusini … in an effort to energize and empower Arab Americans to stand up for their rights … for more information go to my website at www.Hanania.com
The radio show call-in number is 248-557-3300
Our show is available afterward on podcast on iTunes or by visiting the website www.TheArabStreet.org.
Hanania also hosts a second podcast exclusively on Chicagoland and mainstream American politics. For information on the “Ray Hanania on Politics” Podcast visit www.RayHananiaOnPolitics.com.
Candlewick Lake & Links Festival scheduled
Candlewick Lake Association
LAKE & LINKS FEST 2019
Sunday, June 2 – 12 Noon until 5:00 PM
Gates open to the Public
Here is last year’s schedule of events
Each year the Lake and Links Festival has a great selection of events. Here are some of the events from last year (We’ll update with the new schedule when it is set)
- Noon: C.U.B.A. Demo in the Pool at the Recreation Center
- Noon – 2:30pm: Espinosa & Coffey perform at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- 1:00pm: Fishing Clinic at the Recreation Center Fishing Pier sponsored by the Lake Management Commission
- 1:00pm – 4:00pm: Multiple Open Houses throughout the Community Available for Viewing: List of homes and map available upon request from the east & west gates and at the Realtor Tent.
- 2:30pm- 5:00pm: Trinadora Duo performs at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Noon – 5:00pm (includes all the listings below):
- Food & Beverages at the Recreation Center (food trucks plus the Lakeview Eatery Restaurant); at Friendship Park (food truck); and at the Savannah Oaks Club House (order from the Club House menu)
- Savannah Oaks Golf Course and Club House activities include a putting contest, pony cart rides, and Ping Pong Ball Drop 50/50 Raffle
- Sean Huguenin and Bernie “Catfish” Miese perform at the Savannah Oaks Club House
- Free Pontoon Boat Rides on the Lake from the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Kids Fun Fair including Face Painting, Fish Pond, Bean Bag Toss, Bozo Buckets, Sucker Pull, Pluck-a-Duck, (10 cents per game) and a Make-&-Take Craft (50 cents). Located at the Recreation Center (lakeside)
- Craft Show in the Recreation Center
- Large & Small Raffle Ticket Sales at the Recreation Center (lakeside). Raffle ticket costs: Large Raffle $3.00 each or 2 for $5.00 and Small Raffle $1.00 each. Winner need not be present to win, but will need to pick up item(s) no later than Friday, June 15th. Raffle drawing at 5:00pm
- Classic Car Show at Friendship Park
- Various Info Tents at the Recreation Center including: CWL Info Tent, Public Safety Tent, Realtor Tent, Belvidere/Boone County Food Tent (d0nations welcomed), and CWL Flames Tent
SUBSCRIBE TO RAY HANANIA'S COLUMN